It is the mission of the West Shore ESD Business Department to provide effective business, administrative, and operational support services.
It is the vision of the West Shore ESD Business Department to become a leader in providing support services to promote success for all students.
To continue enhancing the capacity of business/operational staff
To continue to identify and implement methods that produce operational efficiencies
To work with West Shore ESD stakeholders to identify their business and operational needs
To develop a plan for enhancing communication with West Shore ESD's stakeholders
WHAT WE DO
The West Shore ESD Business Services Department records and reports all financial transactions of the organization in the General, Special Education, Career & Technical Education, Special Revenue, Debt Service, and Capital Projects Funds. The Business Services Department provides the following services:
- Develop and manage budget, cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general accounting, and grants accounting.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws, regulations and reporting.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of all West Shore ESD grounds and facilities.
The Business Services Department offers assistance to local schools in a variety of financial and business operations areas, including but not limited to:
- Budget strategy
- Business office technical and general assistance
- Cooperative purchasing
- Federal grant assistance
- County school district boundaries map
- Guidance and technical assistance on new federal or state financial initiatives
- Liaison with local institutions, agencies, the Michigan Department of Education, and the Center for Performance and Information (CEPI)
- Maintenance of Effort calculations
- Medicaid payments and auditing
- State reports
- Student auditing and truancy services
West Shore Schools Business Collaborative
The mission of the West Shore Schools Business Collaborative is to direct more resources to instructional services, to work cooperatively using technology and shared resources to achieve efficiencies in business operations.
Shared Business Services
Our experienced staff is committed to providing high-quality service and is very customer-oriented.
Services offered include, but are not limited to:
- Business management services
- Human resource assistance
- Transportation routing and dispatching
- Substitute bus drivers
- Bid coordination
- Pupil auditing and pupil accounting
- Support services for shared software
- Grant administration
- Accounts payable/receivable
- Audit preparation
- Workshop opportunities for local district staff
- Facilitate collaborative opportunities